Nursery Reveal - Mountain Adventures Theme December 22, 2016 20:43
Baby Boy's nursery is officially complete. There are a few things I didn't get around to but since Christmas is in 3 days and I'm being induced next week, I'm calling it done :)
I spent 3 years living in the mountains in British Columbia and it was a wonderfully adventurous time, thus the theme -- Mountain Adventures. It resembles a Woodlands theme with foxes but more the "Canadian Woodlands" with bears and buffalo check. I also love Scandinavian-inspired monochrome nurseries so I wanted a lot of black and white.
Firstly, let's take a peek at what this room looked like 2 months ago once I had already started to deconstruct my office.
I started with the wall mural. There are some fantastic mountain walls on Pinterest and I choose a geometric scene basically since it was easiest.
Finding curtains I liked was nearly impossible. I was looking for something in black, white or grey but struck out and ended up with solid green ones which worked out since my partner wanted pops of colour (men don't get "monochrome").
I purchased the bedding pieces separately. The sheet is from Winners, the bumper pad and mountain blanket from AliExpress, and the beautiful black and white arrows crib skirt is from Lullabies Lollipops on Etsy. The Twinkle Twinkle blanket was a gift from my niece. I designed the pillow and it will be added to the shop after Christmas. The colors can be customized to match your nursery. The final addition was the raccoon I got from Chapters.
One of the other key pieces of the nursery was the mobile which I called upon my sister to help. I'm a terrible seamstress and she did a beautiful job. I got the felt from Wildflower Felt Designs, a local vendor with a huge range of colours and great quality.
The wall gallery was the last thing to go up and the most challenging to make final decisions. Some of the print designs have been altered from the ones listed in my shop and you can request the same changes or your own changes that will fit your nursery perfectly!
1. And though he be but little, he is fierce
2. You are wild and free
3. Let him sleep for when he wakes, he will move mountains
5. Dream Big
6. Oh the Places you will go - unavailable in shop
This print was a gift at my shower. Each of the leaves are the thumb prints of my guests. How awesome is that?
Lastly, the final details.
1. The bear paper bag was purchased from Cookie Box Store on Etsy.
2. Buffalo check hat from Chapters in Canada
3. Antlers wall hooks from Walmart
4. I made the mountain neddle felt picture on shelf
5. Johnny Cash wooden guitar was purchased years ago from a craft fair (I LOVE Johnny Cash and so will the boy)
6. Mountain hooks were made by my dad. Inspiration from Pinterest.
7. Tribal toy box from Winners
8. Soft moc slippers are all the way from Amsterdam from my other sister.
I would love to hear what you think!